Fire Extinguisher Training
Your employees know they are there but, do they know how to use a fire extinguisher and the impact they could have on your business?
To highlight the effectiveness of extinguishers in the early stage of fire development, a UK study performed by FETA (Fire Extinguishing Trades Association) and IFEDA (Independent Fire Engineering and Distributors Association) reviewed over 2100 fire incidents and found that in 80% of the cases a portable fire extinguisher successfully extinguished the fire. A similar study was conducted by EUROFEU (European Committee of the Manufacturers of Fire Protection Equipment and Fire Fighting Vehicles) in 6 European countries which concluded very similar results.
However, using a fire extinguisher to tackle a fire involves a number of key skills. All of our Instructors are current serving fire service personnel and therefore, are experts in the field of fire behaviour and fire-fighting. As well as fulfilling your role as a responsible employer and complying with the RRO (2005), our Fire Extinguisher course will provide key benefits to your workplace:
- substantial increase in the effectiveness of any firefighting that occurs within the workplace
- ensuring your staff act in a way that prioritises the safety of themselves and others
- creating an atmosphere in which employees are confident in their abilities to assess and fight fires
- training employees to act quickly and appropriately resulting in a reduction of risk to employees and to your business
- tailored and specific to the types of fire that are likely to occur within your particular environment
Live Fire Gas Simulator
Our Fire Simulator will realistically simulate multiple fire settings in a controlled environment. This innovative fire simulator will allow your staff to train with fire extinguishers and prepare them to safely handle a small fire, reducing the risk to life and financial impact on your business.
The Fire Simulator has been designed as a lightweight, compact training unit suitable for transportation enabling us to train at your workplace. The simulator can quickly create Class A and B type fire scenarios under full control of the trainer. The unit consists of a fuel tray and waste paper bin combination with an ability to control the size of the fire using a regulator attached to the gas cylinder.