Fire Marshall Training
This course will provide the candidate with a more comprehensive knowledge of fire, fire safety, fire prevention, legislation and, give a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities as a Fire Marshal. This will enable the candidate to assist the management with the recording and monitoring of fire risk in line with the health & safety policy. In addition, candidates will receive practical experience in the use of fire extinguishers.
- Fire Procedures
- What action to take on discovering a fire
- How to raise the alarm
- What to do when hearing a fire alarm
- Who’s responsible for calling the emergency services
- The location of extinguishers and escape routes
- Evacuation procedures and dealing with disabled persons.
- Understanding legislative requirements for fire safety in the UK.
- Chemistry and behaviour of fire.
- Understand fire precautions in order to prevent and minimise the risk of fire.
- Understand the different types of extinguishers and method of operation.
- Identify and understand the responsibilities, duties and role as a fire marshal.
- Understand fire risk assessment, identify hazards and implement preventative measures.
- ‘Live’ fire practical use of fire extinguishers.