Fire Safety Awareness
This course will give candidates knowledge of current legislation, what to do in the event of a fire, prevention of fire, and clear understanding of evacuation procedures.
- Fire Procedures
- What action to take on discovering a fire
- How to raise the alarm
- What to do when hearing a fire alarm
- Who’s responsible for calling the emergency services
- The location of extinguishers and escape routes
- Evacuation procedures and dealing with disabled persons.
- Understanding legislative requirements for fire safety in the UK.
- Chemistry and behaviour of fire.
- Understand fire precautions in order to prevent and minimise the risk of fire.
- Understand the different types of extinguishers and method of operation.
- Video Clips – ‘’Use of fire extinguishers’’.