The owner of a pub in Hoddeston, Hertfordshire, has ‘learnt from his mistakes’ after being handed a £25,000 fine for a string of fire safety offences.
The failings were uncovered at the Bell pub, owned by Mr Graeme Kerry, after a fire broke out on the first floor of the property back in 2014.
Following the fire, investigators from Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service found a string of fire safety offences. The fire alarm panel had no lights and no back up battery, a smoke detector in one bedroom was covered in cellophane, allowing someone to smoke in the room without setting off the alarm, and three bedroom doors either lacked a self-closing device or had no seal to secure the room in the event of a fire.
Speak to FCS-live today to find out how we can help you manage your fire safety, on 0333 0433 833, firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to us via the website.
For professional advice or further information, call us today on: 0333 0433 833