UNSAFE electrical wiring and out-of-date emergency medical equipment is putting more than 5,000 patients of a Reading surgery at risk.
South Reading Surgery on Whitley Wood Road was found to be ‘inadequate’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) following an inspection on January 11.
Inspectors found numerous signs of mismanagement and poor health and safety measures, including badly installed electrical wiring that had been identified in 2014 but not fixed.
Surgery bosses also failed to properly check emergency medicines, meaning out of date equipment was still in use.
The report reads: “Patients were at risk of harm because systems and processes were not in place to keep them safe.
“For example, electrical wiring and fire risk assessments identified high risk actions which had not been carried out in a timely way.
“In addition, the practice had not undertaken health and safety risk assessments, including legionella.
“Some aspects of the legislation regarding the control of substances hazardous to health were not being met.”
The inspection also revealed the surgery’s lead nurse had not been given proper infection control training and that recruitment checks had not been made before some staff were taken on.
We can carry out Fire, Healthy & Safety and Legionella Assessments which are then hosted on our online portal FCS Cloud, helping you to manage your risk. Call us today for a no obligation quote on 0333 0433 833, email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to us via the website.
For professional advice or further information, call us today on: 0333 0433 833